UPSC Notification 2021April 3, 2021 2021-04-03 17:19
UPSC Notification 2021
UPSC Notification 2021
Latest UPSC Update – The commission has announced the results of the Civil Services Mains Examination 2020, which took place between the 8th and 17th January 2021.
The UPSC Notification is published every year for the recruitment of civil servants in the Indian bureaucracy. On the 4th March 2021, the commission released UPSC Notification 2021.
UPSC Notification 2021- Last date to apply
Candidates can submit their application for the UPSC 2021 examination by 24th March 2021. They can fill the online application by 6 pm on 24th March.
UPSC Calendar 2021
The Union Public Service Commission issued the notification 2020 for the Civil Services Examination on its official website on 12th February 2020. The examination process is still ongoing, and UPSC Interview dates are yet to be announced.
Candidates who successfully registered on the official UPSC website will receive their IAS exam (Prelims) admit cards approximately three weeks before the exam date. Candidates must download a copy of the syllabus from the UPSC website. Admit cards will not be sent by post.
UPSC Notification 2021
The UPSC notification contains all of the details about the civil services exam that a candidate should be mindful of before taking the exam or applying for it.
The UPSC Notification provides the following information:
- UPSC exam dates
- UPSC vacancies
- Exam centres
- Exam fees
- Online application procedure
- Eligibility for civil services exam (nationality/age limit/number of attempts/educational requirement)
- UPSC Exam Plan
- UPSC posts (for which the exam is held)
- Latest UPSC Syllabus
UPSC Notification 2021 – Exam Dates
Here are the IAS exam dates from the UPSC notification 2021:
- The online application window for the prelims exam opens on 4th March 2021.
- The IAS prelim exams will be held on 27th June 2021 (Sunday).
- Candidates can expect the UPSC prelims results to be out in mid-July 2021.
- The UPSC mains exam will be held on 17th September 2021.
- The final dates for UPSC Interview or personality test are yet to be announced.
UPSC Notification 2021 – Vacancies
According to the UPSC notification 2021, there are around 712 vacancies, including 22 vacancies for Persons with Benchmark Disability.
UPSC Notification 2021 – Posts
The UPSC conducts recruitment through the civil services exam to fill vacancies in the following services, as mentioned in the UPSC notification:
- Indian Administrative Service (IAS)
- Indian Foreign Service (IFS)
- Indian Police Service (IPS)
- Indian P & T Accounts & Finance Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Audit and Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (Customs and Central Excise), Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Revenue Service (I.T.), Group ‘A’
- Indian Ordnance Factories Service, Group ‘A’ (Assistant Works Manager, Administration)
- Indian Postal Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Civil Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Traffic Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Accounts Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Railway Personnel Service, Group ‘A’
- Assistant Security Commissioner in Railway Protection Force, Group ‘A’
- Indian Defence Estates Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Information Service (Junior Grade), Group ‘A’
- Indian Trade Service, Group ‘A’
- Indian Corporate Law Service, Group ‘A’
- Armed Forces Headquarters Civil Service, Group ‘B’ (Section Officer’s Grade)
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Delhi, Andaman & Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep, Daman & Diu and Dadra & Nagar Haveli Police Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Civil Service, Group ‘B’
- Pondicherry Police Service, Group ‘B’
UPSC Notification 2021 – Eligibility Criteria
To appear for the UPSC IAS examination 2021, the candidates must have proper knowledge of the exam eligibility requirements. Read this article to know the complete UPSC IAS eligibility criteria in detail.
Apply online for UPSC
Candidates can apply for the UPSC 2021 exam after reading through the notification properly. Also, you can refer to this article to understand the complete process of the UPSC 2021 online application.
UPSC Notification 2021 – Exam fees
- The UPSC prelims exam has a registration fee of Rs.100, and the mains exam has a registration fee of Rs.200.
- Female, SC-ST or disabled candidates are exempted from paying the fees for the UPSC exam.
- Payment can be made in cash or online by applying for the prelims exam online. You can make a cash payment by selecting the “Pay by Cash” mode and printing the Pay-in-slip. The fee should then be deposited the next working day at an SBI office.
- To avoid any last-minute hiccups, candidates should pay their exam fees (unless they are exempt) before the deadline.
- Candidates who pass the IAS prelims would be required to reapply for the mains exam. The UPSC will issue a notification for the exam.
We, at Direction, wish you all the best for your upcoming UPSC IAS Examination. Also, if you need guidance for preparation, contact us here.