University Assistant ExamJanuary 28, 2021 2021-01-28 21:06
University Assistant Exam
University Assistant Exam
The KPSC conducts the University Assistant Exam to recruit candidates for different positions at Kerala University. The examination is carried out electronically. Formerly, each university conducted the exam independently, but the Kerala Public Service Commission-KPSC took over the process after 2016.
A University Assistant is a part-time, non-permanent, contractual, unclassified position. In this position, candidates will be working in non-teaching capacities limited to a maximum of 19 hours per week. If you intend to appear in the coming year for this exam, read our blog to know all that is required!
- A degree from any recognized university or its equivalent
- The candidate must be over 18 years of age and under 36 years of age. Age relaxation has been given to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities
Application Process for University Assistant Exam
- KPSC invites applications only through online mode. The candidate is expected to register with the One Time Registration Tulasi.
- After registration, the candidate must log in using an ID and a password to create a profile.
- Choose the relevant post and select ‘Apply now’. Fill in the online application form and give personal & academic information
- Submitting and uploading the form is the last stage of the application.
The University Assistant Examination is typically performed in June. The notice and dates for the 2021 calendar year are yet to be published.
Applicants for the Kerala PSC University Assistant Exam must have a detailed knowledge of the exam pattern. To do well in the overall exam, it is important to know the weightage of each segment. The examination pattern is given below.
- Total number of questions asked in the exam – 100 and the maximum marks is 100
- Each question carries 1 mark
- The medium of exam is English
- Duration of University Assistant Exam is 1hr 15 mins
- 0.33 marks are deducted for every wrong answer
Here are the subjects of University Assistant Exam.
|Basic General Knowledge||10|
|Current Affairs, General Knowledge||50|
|Mental Ability &
Reasoning and Quantitative Aptitude
Syllabus of University Assistant Exam
|Quantitative Aptitude||LCM and HCF, Test of Divisibility, Ratio and Proportion,
Interest, Time and Work,
Time and Distance,
Area and Volume, Trains,
Clocks, Problems on Ages,
|Mental Ability and
Reasoning, Sense of direction,
Date and Calendar,
Alphabetical Arrangement of words,
Common sense test,
Odd one out,
Dates and Calendar,
|General Science||Other basic facts in the field of Science, Common scientific facts, etc.|
|Current Affairs||National and regional
events, Cinema, Sports, literature, etc.
|Facts about India||Physical features,
Economy and Planning,
Period of Indian History
National Movement, etc.
|Renaissance of Kerala||Renaissance in Kerala,
Yohannan, Ayankali-Pandit Karuppa,
Dr Palpu, Kumaranasan,
Blessed Kuriakose Alias
|Constitution of India and Civil rights||Directive Principles, Basic Features, Union Territories, General public service commission and its appointments, Legislature-State executive, Human rights, Human Rights Commission, Women Empowerment, Union Government, Legislature, Fundamental rights and duties, Directive principle, Union government, State Executives, Women’s Commission, Right to Information, Information Commission, Apex courts, Atrocities against Scheduled Caste and Schedule Tribes.|
|General English||Grammar Agreement of
Subject and Verb,
Correct usage of Articles,
Direct and Indirect Speech, Active and Passive Voice,
Singular and Plural,
Synonyms and Antonyms,
Correction in Sentences,
Vocabulary, Gender, Idioms, One-word Substitutes,
|Social welfare schemes and measures||Antdyodaya Anna Yojana,
Balika Smridhi Yojana,
Samara Awaz Yojana,
National Food For Work
Indira Awas Yojana,
Prime Minister Rozgar
Rural Landless Employment Guarantee Program,
Development Scheme, etc.
|Information Technology and Cyber Laws||Computers, I.T.,
Cyber Laws, etc.
How to Prepare for University Assistant Exam?
To prepare for the University Assistant Exam, look at the following tips:
- Proceed thoroughly through the syllabus and pattern. Keep the print out of the syllabus in front of you if possible, so that you do not skip crucial topics
- Resolve question papers from previous years. This will help you identify the modules that are essential and will also increase your pace
- For certain subjects in which you are weak, dedicate at least 1.5 – 2 hours
- Give mock exams periodically
- Last but not least, keep revising regularly
Other Similar Exams
- SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level Exam (SSC CHSL)
- SBI PO and Clerk Exam
- SSC CGLE
- Combined Defense Services Examination (CDSE)
- IFS Exam Syllabus
- Kerala PSC Exam
- Indian Statistical Service Examination
We hope this article helped you to understand the pattern of the University Assistant Exam. If you need help for preparation, contact us here.