Preparation Strategy for SBI ApprenticeOctober 26, 2021 2021-10-26 16:38
Preparation Strategy for SBI Apprentice
Preparation Strategy for SBI Apprentice
The SBI apprentice examination is conducted by SBI every year to recruit candidates for apprenticeship with the SBI, wherein the candidates work with SBI for a period of one year at a decided monthly stipend. These candidates are not eligible for any additional salary benefits like allowances or insurance.
Although an SBI apprentice is not a permanent job and does not include any job benefits, this is still a great training opportunity for those who want to work in the banking sector. This is why every year a large number of candidates apply for the SBI apprentice examination making the competition level high. Hence, to clear the SBI apprentice examination and have a chance at the job you need to have a good preparation strategy which would help you in studying efficiently and cracking the exam.
How do you Plan a Preparation Strategy for SBI Apprentice?
To be successful in the SBI apprentice exam and have a chance to secure the SBI apprenticeship, you need to have a preparation strategy to help you study well for the exam. To plan this preparation strategy you can use the following tips and tricks:
1. Prepare a timetable based on the syllabus and previous year’s exam papers
You need to go through the syllabus, exam pattern and question papers of previous years to note down the important topics that have higher weightage in the exam. Once you know the high weightage and important topics, it becomes easy for you to prepare a timetable and make a study plan in which you can allot time to each topic based on its importance and difficulty level.
2. Section wise preparation
The SBI Apprentice exam has four sections, each having its own importance and weightage. These sections include reasoning ability and computer aptitude, quantitative aptitude, English language and general or financial awareness. As there is also section wise marking in the exam and each section carries its own weightage of marks, it becomes highly important to focus on all the sections. This can be easily achieved by planning a section wise preparation strategy using the following tips:
1. Tips to prepare for Reasoning Ability and Computer Aptitude
- This section requires more and more practice to clear your basic concepts and improve your understanding level.
- You need to practice solving puzzles daily
- You need to have clear concepts about topics like syllogisms, blood relations, direction sense, order and ranking.
- As far as computer aptitude is concerned, you need to have basic knowledge about computers including operating systems, abbreviations, keyboard shortcuts and database management.
2. Tips to prepare for Quantitative Aptitude
- Practice basic concepts of mathematics.
- Learn tables at least up to 30.
- Have knowledge about percentage, average, ratio and proportion.
- You can also try to learn Vedic math tips for faster calculations.
3. Tips to prepare for English language
- You need to know the basic grammar and practice as much as you can.
- You can read English language newspapers, blogs and books to increase your command over the language.
- You should practice one cloze test and para jumble each day, as they are two of the most important topics in this section.
4. Tips to prepare for general and financial awareness
- Keep yourself updated with all the current and world affairs.
- Read newspapers and news blogs daily.
- Make notes of the headlines or information that you find important.
3. Prepare your own notes
Making your own notes while studying is a great way of memorising and understanding concepts and will help you extremely in your preparation. Even if you are someone who has a coaching class to prepare you for the competitive examination, taking out time for self-study and preparing your own notes is important if you want to be successful in the exam. Always remember that coaching is for guiding you in your preparation but it can never be an alternative to self-study.
4. Work on time management
You have to complete the SBI Apprentice examination in a given time period. This is why while making preparation strategies, you also need to focus on time management. This can be done by solving previous exam question papers and mock tests.