Kerala PSC Recruitment 2021 Notification OUT : Higher Secondary School Teacher (Junior) English (Kerala Higher Secondary Education)January 12, 2022 2022-01-12 12:07
GAZETTE DATE : 31.12.2021
LAST DATE : 2.2.2022
CATEGORY NO: 730/2021
Applications are invited online only through One Time Registration Scheme from qualified candidates for selection to the undermentioned post in Kerala Government Service. Before applying for the post, the candidates shall register as per One Time Registration Scheme through the official website of Kerala Public Service Commission. Candidates who have already registered can apply through their profile.
|1||Department||Kerala Higher Secondary Education|
|2||Name of Post||Higher Secondary School Teacher (Junior) English|
Note : Higher Secondary School Teacher (Junior)
means part time post of HSS Teacher
|3||Scale of pay||₹` 45600-95600/-|
|4||Number of vacancies||Anticipated vacancies|
The Ranked list of selected candidates published by the Commission in response to this notification shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year, provided that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised from the said list against the vacancies that may be reported to the Commission during the period of currency of the list.
Method of appointment
- Age 20-40 Only candidates born between 02.01.1981 and 01.01.2001 (both dates are included) are eligible to apply for this post with usual age relaxation to Scheduled Castes, Scheduled Tribes and Other Backward Communities.
(for other conditions regarding age relaxation please see para 2 of the General Conditions.)
- Relaxation in upper age limit upto 43 ( Forty Three) years as on the 1st day of January 2021 shall be allowed to the qualified Ministerial Staff under Higher Secondary Education Department for direct recruitment to the category of Higher Secondary School Teacher (Junior).[GO(P) No. 36/2005/Gl.Edn. Dated 04.02.2005]
Note : 3% vacancies are reserved for differently abled candidates with Low Vision/Blindness, Hearing Impairment, Locomotor Disability/ Cerebral Palsy as per G.O.(P) No.05/2019/SJD dated 07.05.2019.
I. Master’s Degree in the concerned subject with not less than 50% marks from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto in the respective subject by a University in Kerala
II. (i) B.Ed in the concerned subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto by a University in Kerala.
(ii) In the absence of persons with B.Ed. Degree in the concerned subject, B.Ed Degree acquired in the concerned faculty as specified in the Acts and Statutes of any of the Universities in Kerala.
(iii) In the absence of persons with B.Ed. Degree as specified in items (i) and (ii) above, persons with B.Ed. Degree in any subject acquired after a regular course of study from any of the Universities in Kerala or a qualification recognized as equivalent thereto by any of the Universities in Kerala
III. Must have passed the State Eligibility Test (SET) for the post of Higher Secondary School Teacher conducted by Government of Kerala or by the agency authorized by the State Government.
- In the absence of B.Ed Degree holders, candidates having Master’s Degree with not less than 50% marks and who have passed the State Eligibility Test will be considered. Preference will be given to those who have acquired Ph.D/M.Phil. Degree or qualified at Junior Research Fellowship/National Eligibility Test. The teachers
appointed under this provision will have to acquire B.Ed Degree at their own expense within five years from the date of entry in service.
- Those who have passed Language Teachers Training Course are exempted from acquiring B.Ed. qualification.
- Persons who have acquired M.Ed. in the concerned subject recognized by any University in Kerala are exempted from B.Ed. Qualification.
- Candidates who have acquired Non-qualifying Degrees viz. Ph.D/M.Phil/Post Doctoral Fellowship will be awarded weightage marks provided that such Non-Qualifying Degrees shall be in the subjects pertaining to the basic qualification stipulated for the post. Weightage marks for Non-qualifying Degrees for ranking will be awarded as detailed below.
Non-Qualifying M.Phil- 2 marks
Non-Qualifying Ph.D- 4 marks
Both M.Phil and Ph.D (Non-Qualifying)- 5 marks
Post Doctoral Fellowship- 2 marks
Non-qualifying degree means the additional qualifications which are earned apart from the qualifications insisted on as essential qualifications for the post. If Ph.D/M.Phil/Post Doctoral Fellowship is reckoned as necessary qualification for the post, weightage marks will not be awarded for it
- Those persons who have passed the State Level Eligibility Test (SLET) for the post of College Lecturers conducted
by Government of Kerala are exempted from the State Eligibility Test for Higher Secondary School Teachers.
- Those persons who have passed National Eligibility Test/Junior Research Fellowship shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test.
- Persons with Ph.D/M.Phil/M.Ed. degree shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test provided the M.Phil in the concerned subject should be one awarded by any of the Universities in Kerala or recognized as equivalent by any of the Universities in Kerala.
- The teachers who have completed 10(ten) years of approved teaching service at the High School level in the General Education subordinate service shall be exempted from passing the State Eligibility Test. [GO(P) No. 36/2005/Gl.Edn. Dated 04.02.2005]
- Relaxation of 5% marks in the Post Graduation will be given to SC/ST and Differently Abled candidates as per G.O.(Ms) No.288/15/Gl.Edn. Dated 13.11.15.
- Rule 10 a(ii) of part II of KS&SSR is applicable.
- Candidates who claim equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce equivalency certificate / the relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the time of certificate verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification.
- In the case of difference in original Caste/Community claimed in the application and that entered in SSLC book, the candidate shall produce a Gazette notification in this regard, along with Non Creamy Layer Certificate / Community Certificate at the time of certificate verification.
Mode of submitting Application
(a) Candidates must register as per ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ with the Official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging in to their profile using their User-ID and password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for the post. The photograph uploaded should be one taken after 31.12.2011. Name of the candidate and the date of photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of uploading. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. Candidates are advised to keep a printout or soft copy of the online application for future reference. Candidates can take the print out of the application by clicking on the link `My applications’ in their profile. All correspondence with the Commission, regarding the application should be accompanied with the print out of the application. The application will be summarily rejected if non-compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Original Documents to prove qualification, experience, age, community etc. have to be produced as and when called for.
(b) If a Written/OMR/Online Test is conducted as part of this selection, candidates shall submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their One Time Registration profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Tickets in the last 15 days till the date of Test. The applications of candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period, will be rejected absolutely. The periods regarding the submission of confirmation and the availability of Admission Tickets will be published in the Examination Calendar itself. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phone number registered in it.
(c) Appropriate disciplinary action as per KPSC Rules of Procedure, Rule 22 shall be initiated against those candidates who submit applications with bogus claims of qualification regarding education, experience etc. and submit confirmation for writing the examination, irrespective of whether they are present or absent for the examination.
(d) Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR Card as ID Proof in their profile.
Last date for receipt of applications:- 02 February 2022, Wednesday upto 12.00 midnight.
Address to which applications are to be sent : www.keralapsc.gov.in
(For details including Photo, ID card etc refer the General conditions given in Part II of the Gazette Notification).