Lineman – Public Works (Electrical Wing)August 10, 2021 2021-08-10 16:34
Lineman – Public Works (Electrical Wing)
Lineman – Public Works (Electrical Wing)
CATEGORY NO: 258/2021
Applications are invited online only by ‘ONE TIME REGISTRATION’ system exclusively from qualified candidates for the undermentioned post. Candidates shall apply only through the online facility provided in the website of Kerala Public Service Commission.
|Department||Public Works (Electrical Wing)|
|Name of Post||Lineman|
|Scale of Pay||₹ 19000 – 43600 (PR)|
Thiruvananthapuram – 2
Kollam – 3
Ernakulam – 2
Thrissur – 3
Palakkad – 6
|Qualifications||Minimum General Qualification of SSLC standard and Certificate in Electrical Engineering after having undergone a course of study of not less than one year from an Institution recognized|
|Last Date to Apply||Last Date of receipt of applications 08.09.2021 Wednesday upto 12 Midnight.|
Lineman – Public Works (Electrical Wing)
(i) Conventional type applications for the above post will be summarily rejected. Candidates shall apply online only through online facility available at the Kerala Public Service Commission website viz.
(ii) Separate Ranked List will be prepared for the above Districts in pursuance of this notification. The Ranked List thus prepared and published by the Commission, shall remain in force for a minimum period of one year, subject to the condition that the said list will continue to be in force till the publication of a new list after the expiry of the minimum period of one year or till the expiry of three years whichever is earlier. Candidates will be advised for appointment against aforesaid vacancies and also against the vacancies, if any, reported during the currency of the lists. In case no candidate is advised from the ranked list till the expiry period of three years, the duration of the ranked list shall be extended for a further period of one year or till at least one candidate is advised from the list whichever is earlier.
(iii) Applications should not be submitted to more than one district in response to this notification. If applications are submitted contrary to the above direction, and if he/she is selected, his/her name will be removed from the Ranked List and disciplinary action will be taken against him/her. Candidates should submit their application for this post to the concerned district, where the vacancy is existing and should note the name of that District against the relevant column of the online application.
(iv) The selection in pursuance of the notification will be made on a Revenue District basis, subject to the special conditions laid down in G.O.(Ms) No.154/71/PD dated, 27.05.1971. A candidate advised for appointment in one Revenue District from the Ranked List prepared is not eligible for transfer to another district unless he/she completes five years continuous service from the date of commencement of service in the former district. Even if transfer is allowed after five years, it will be subject to the rules in G.O.(Ms) No.4/61/PD dated 02.01.1961. Candidates already in Government service holding this post in any one district are prohibited from applying again for this post, but they can apply to higher posts when notified.
(v) If the Caste/Community claim in the application differs from the Caste/Community noted in S.S.L.C, then such changes are to be published in the Gazette and the same should be produced along with the Community Certificate/Non Creamy Layer Certificate issued by the Revenue Authorities at the time of One Time Verification or as and when required by the Commission.
5. Method of appointment Public Works (Electrical Wing)
6. Age Limit :
19-36. Candidates born between 02.01.1985 and 01.01.2002 (both dates included) only are eligible to apply for this post. Usual age relaxation will be given to SC/ST & Other Backward Communities.
Note:- For concessions allowed in upper age limit, subject to the condition that the maximum age limit shall in no case exceed 50 years, please see para 2 of the General Conditions under Part II of this Notification.
- Minimum General Qualification of SSLC standard and
- Certificate in Electrical Engineering after having undergone a course of study of not less than one year from an Institution recognised by Government (Qualifications in Electrical Engineering are specified under Note:1 below)
City and Guilds Examination in Electrical Engineering London Institute in A.C. of the Intermediate Grade (Certificate awarded after 31.03.1985 will not be accepted).
M.G.T.E. or K.G.T.E Certificate (Higher) in Electrical Light and power.
Grade III Certificate as Electrician or Lineman from War Technical Training Centre.
Note: 1. Qualifications in Electrical Engineering shall be any one of the following:
- The Certificate in Electrical Engineering issued by the Commissioner for Government Examination on behalf of the State Board of Technical Education after undergoing a course of one year’s duration.
- National Trade Certificate in the Trade of Electrician issued by Government under the Craftsman Training Schemes through the Industrial Training Institute (NTC).
- Any other Certificate recognised as equivalent to any of the above qualifications or declared as equivalent to a Certificate in Electrical Engineering of not less than one year’s duration.
Note: 2. i) Rule 10 (a) (ii) of Part II K.S. & S.S.R is applicable.
ii) Candidates who claim equivalent qualification instead of qualification mentioned in the notification shall produce the relevant Government Order to prove the equivalency at the time of verification, then only such qualification shall be treated as equivalent to the prescribed qualification concerned.
8. Method of submitting applications:-
Candidates must register as per ONE TIME REGISTRATION with the official Website of Kerala Public Service Commission http://www.keralapsc.gov.in before applying for the post. Candidates who have registered can apply by logging on to their profile using their User-ID and Password. Candidates must click on the ‘Apply Now’ button of the respective posts in the Notification Link to apply for a post. The Photograph uploaded should be taken after 31.12.2011. Name of the candidate and the date of photograph taken should be printed legibly at the bottom portion. The photograph once uploaded meeting all requirements shall be valid for 10 years from the date of taking. There is no change in other instructions regarding the uploading of photographs. No application fee is required. Candidates are responsible for the correctness of the personal information and secrecy of password. Before the final submission of the application on the profile candidates must ensure correctness of the information in their profile. They must quote the User-ID for further communication with the Commission. Application submitted is provisional and cannot be deleted or altered after submission. Candidates are advised to keep a printout or soft copy of the online application for future reference. Candidates can take the printout of the application by clicking on the link ‘My applications’ in their profile. All correspondences with the Commission, regarding the application
should be accompanied with the print out of the application. The application will be summarily rejected if non-compliance with the notification is found in due course of processing. Original documents to prove qualification, experience, age, Community etc. have to be produced as and when called for. Candidates who have AADHAAR card should add AADHAAR card as I.D Proof in their profile.
9. Last Date of receipt of applications 08.09.2021 Wednesday upto 12 Midnight.
10. Address to which applications are to be sent : www.keralapsc.gov.in
11. If a Written Test/OMR/Online Examination is conducted as a part of this selection, candidates shall submit a confirmation for writing the examination through their ‘One Time Registration’ Profile. Such candidates alone can generate and download the Admission Ticket in the last 15 days till the date of test. The applications of the candidates who do not submit confirmation within the stipulated period will be rejected absolutely. The periods regarding the submission of confirmation and the availability of Admission Ticket will be published in the examination calender itself. Information in this regard will be given to the candidates in their respective profiles and in the mobile phones registered in it. Appropriate disciplinary action as per Rule 22 of the KPSC Rules of Procedure will be taken against those candidates who submit application for the post with false claims of possession of prescribed qualification, experience etc. and give confirmation for examination, irrespective of the fact that whether they have appeared or not for the examination.
(For details including photo, ID Card etc please see the General Conditions given below as Part II of this Notification)