Kerala Rennaisance Leader for Kerala PSC: Thycaud Ayyaguru July 1, 2022
Kerala Rennaisance Leader for Kerala PSC: Thycaud Ayyaguru
- Sree Ayya Guru’s original name was Subbarayan.
- He was called Pandi Parayan
- He was born in Madras in 1814.
- His parents Muthu Kumaran and Rukmini Ammal close to stay in Madras
- Teachers of Ayya were Sree Satchidanand and Sree Chitti Paradesi
- He followed the Sivaraja Yoga tradition. It has its roots in Tamil Nadu later acquired perfection under Sree Ayya Guru.
- After 3 years he continued yogic practices, often entering the state of “Nirvikalpa Samadhi”.
- Subbarayan came to Kerala and meditated at the Kodungalloor Bhagavathy temple
- Swathi Tirunal invited Subbarayan to his court and honored him.
- During the reign of Ayilyam Tirunal Rama Varma, Subbarayan was appointed Residency Manger of Travancore
- He came to be known as Ayya Guru
- He was married to Kanakammal.
- Staying at Thycaud in Thiruvananthapuram, Sree Ayya Guru carried out his duties both as a yoga teacher and Residency
- The Mother Goddess appeared in her “Poorna Swaroopam” before Ayya at Thycaud in Thiruvananthapuram
- He used to deliver spiritual discourses at the “Ashtapathana Sabha” in Chennai.
- People respectfully called him “Superintend Ayya”
- Ayya used to deliver lectures on Bhakthi, Yoga and Vedanta in Jnanaprakasha Sabha at Petta
- Swamikal along with Manonmaneeyam Sundaram Pillai, the first MA holder of Travancore, founded the famous “Saiva Prakasha Sabha” of Chalai, Thiruvananthapuram.
- He started Panthibhgojanam in 19th centuary.
- Chattambi Swami, Sree Narayan Guru, Ayyankali, Sree Swayam Prakasha Yogini Amma, Thakkala Peer Mohammed, Makkadi Labba, Sree Padmanabha Bhagavathar, Sree Thottathil Raman Kaniyar studied Yoga under Ayya Guru.
- Sree Ayya Guru’s important works include ‘Brahmothara Kandam’, ‘Ente Kasi Yatra’, ‘Pazhani Vaibhavam’, ‘Ujjaini Mahakali Pancharatnam’, ‘Tiruvavur Murugan’.
- Sree Ayya Guru attained samadhi in July 1869.
- Ayya Gurus word ‘Any Yogi consecurate a temple’ motivated Sree Narayana Guru to done Aruvipuram Prathishta.
- ‘Intha Ulakathile Orae Oru Jathy than, Orae Oru Matham than, Orae Oru Kadavul) is the teaching of Ayyaswamy.
- Then it was latter populularised by Sree Narayana Guru.
- The Thycaud Ayya mission was formed in 1984 at Thiruvananthapuram.