Kerala PSC Degree Level Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2021February 27, 2021 2021-03-06 21:52
Kerala PSC Degree Level Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2021
Kerala PSC Degree Level Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2021
Kerala PSC Degree Level Common Preliminary Exam Syllabus is announced. PSC will conduct the written test in two phases for the selection of the candidates for the available posts.
Here is the detailed Kerala PSC Degree Level Preliminary Exam Syllabus 2021.
Kerala PSC Degree Level Exam Syllabus 2021
History: Kerala, India & World
- KERALA – Arrival of Europeans-Contributions of Europeans- History of Travancore from Marthanda Varma to Sree Chithirathirunnal- Social and Religious Reform movement- National movement in Kerala- Literary Sources of Kerala History- United Keala Movement- Political and Social History of Kerala after 1956.
- INDIA – Medieval India – Political History-Administrative reforms- Contributions – Establishment of the British- First War of Independence – Formation of INC- Swadeshi Movement- Social Reform movement- Newspapers – Literature and Art during the freedom struggle –Independent Movement & Mahathma Gandhi- Extremist Movement in India – India’s independent- Post independent period-State reorganisation – Development in Science, Education, and Technology – Foreign policy- Political History after 1951.
- WORLD – Great revolution in England- American War of Independence – French revolution- Russian Revolution – Chinese revolution- Political History after second World war- UNO and other International Organisation
- Basics of Geography – Earth Structure – Atmosphere –Rocks – Landforms- Pressure Belt and Winds- Temperature and Seasons- Global Issues- Global warming, various forms of Pollutions – Maps- Topographic Maps and Signs – Remote Sensing – Geographic Information System-Oceans and its various movements – Continents – World Nations and its specific features.
- INDIA – Physiography- States and Its features- Northern Mountain Region –Rivers- Northern Great Plain – Peninsular Plateau- Coastal Plain – Climate – Natural Vegetation- Agriculture – Minerals and Industries- Energy Sources- Transport system – Road- Water- Railway- Air.
- Kerala- – Physiography- Districts and Its features- Rivers- Climate – Natural Vegetation- Wildlife- Agriculture and research centres – Minerals and Industries- Energy Sources- Transport system – Road- Water- Railway- Air.
- National Income – Per Capita Income – Factors of Production- Economic Sectors of Production – Indian Economic Planning- Five Year Plans- NITI Aayog – Types and Functions of Economic Institutions – Reserve Bank & Functions – Public revenue – Tax and Non Tax revenue – Public Expenditure – Budget – Fiscal Policy – Consumer Protection & Rights
Kerala PSC Degree Level Syllabus: Civics
- Public Administration – Bureaucracy –Features and Function – Indian Civil Service – State Civil Service – E_Governance – Information Commission and Right to Information Act – Lokpal & Lokayukta – Government – Executive, Judiciary, Legislature. Election – Political Parties. Human Rights – Human Rights Organisations.
Act and Rules regarding Consumer Protection, Watershed Management – Labour and Employment, National Rural Employment Policies, Land Reforms, Protection of women, Children, and Old-age People, Social Welfare, Social Security. Socio-Economic Statistical Data.
- Constituent Assembly – Preamble – Fundamental Rights – Directive principles – Fundamental Duties – Citizenship – Constitutional Amendments – Panchayath Raj – Constitutional Institutions and their Functions – Emergency- Union List- State List – Concurrent List
Arts, Sports & Literature
- Arts: Various forms of Art forms in Kerala, their origin, places, institutions, and personalities related to these art forms
- Malayalam Literature: Famous Works, Authors, Awards, etc
- Sports, Sports Personalities, Awards, Tournaments, Various terms & related sports item.
- Input Devices (Names and uses)
- Output Devices (Names and uses/features)
- Memory devices – Primary and Secondary (Examples, Features)
- Software: Classification – System software and Application software, Operating System – Functions and examples, Popular Application software packages – Word processors, Spreadsheets, Database packages, Presentation, Image editors (Uses, features and fundamental concepts of each)
- Basics of programming – Types of instructions (Input, Output, Store, Control transfer), (Languages need not be considered)
- Computer Networks: Types of networks – LAN, WAN, MAN (Features and application area), Network Devices – Media, Switch, Hub, Router, Bridge, Gateway (Uses of each)
- Internet: Services – WWW, E-mail, Search engines (Examples and purposes), Social Media (Examples and features), Web Designing – Browser, HTML (Basics only), Cyber Crimes and Cyber Laws, Types of crimes (Awareness level), IT Act and Other laws (Awareness level)
Science and Technology
- Science and Technology: Nature and scope of Science and Technology, Relevance of S&T, National policy on S&T and innovations, Basics of everyday science, Human body, Public Health and Community Medicine, Food and Nutrition, Health Care. Institutes and Organisation in India promoting the integration of S&T and Innovation, their activities and contributions, Contribution of Prominent Indian Scientists.
- Technology in Space and Defence: Evolution of Indian Space Programme, ISRO – it’s activities and achievements, various Satellite Programmes – DRDO-vision, mission and activities.
- Energy requirement and efficiency: India’s existing energy needs and deficit, India’s energy resources and dependence, Renewable and Non-renewable energy resources, Energy Policy of India – Govt. Policies and Programmes, Energy Security and Nuclear Policy of India.
- Environmental Science: Issues and concerns related to the environment, its legal aspects, policies and treaties for the protection of the environment at the National and the International level, Environment protection for sustainable development.
- Biodiversity – its importance and concerns, Climate change, International initiatives (Policies, Protocols) and India’s commitment, Western Ghats, Features, Characteristics and issues. Forest and wildlife – Legal framework for Forest and Wildlife Conservation in India. Environmental Hasards, Pollution, Carbon Emission, Global Warming.
- Developments in Biotechnology, Green Technology and Nanotechnology.
Simple Arithmetic & Numerical Ability
- Simple Arithmetic
- Numbers and Basic Operations
- Fraction and Decimal Numbers)
- Profit and Loss)
- Simple and Compound Interest
- Ratio and Proportion
- Time and Distance
- Time and Work
- Laws of Exponents
- Mental Ability: series, Problems on Mathematical signs, Analogy) – Word Analogy, Alphabet Analogy, Number Analogy, Odd man out, Coding and Decoding, Family Relations, Sense of Direction
- Time and Angle
- Time in a clock and its reflection
- Date and Calendar
- Types of Sentences and Interchange of Sentences.
- Different Parts of Speech.
- Agreement of Verb and Subject.
- Confusion of Adjectives and Adverbs.
- Comparison of Adjectives
- Adverbs and Position of adverbs
- Articles – The Definite and the Indefinite Articles.
- Uses of Primary and Model Auxiliary Verbs
- Tag Questions
- Infinitive and Gerunds
- Tenses in Conditional Sentences
- The Use of Correlatives
- Direct and Indirect Speech
- Active and Passive voice
- Correction of Sentences
- Spelling Test
- Idioms and their Meanings
- Translation of a sentence/proverb into Malayalam
- Word Purity / Correct Word
- Correct Sentence
- One Word / Single Word / One Word Substitution
- Synonyms, Antonyms
- Idioms and Proverbs
- Equivalent Word
- Join the Word
- Feminine Gender, Masculine Gender
- Sort and Write
Kerala PSC Degree Level Preliminary Exam Date 2021
Candidates can submit their confirmations between 23rd February 2021 to 14th March 2021. The Kerala PSC Degree Level Preliminary Test is scheduled to happen on 22nd May 2021 (Saturday).
We, at Direction, wish you all the best for your upcoming examinations. Also, if you need guidance for preparation, contact us here.