Kerala History for Kerala PSC: NSS & NDP July 1, 2022
Kerala History for Kerala PSC: NSS & NDP
Nair Sevice Society
- In 1914 “Nair Bhruthya Janasangham” was formed
- At the time of formation, K. Kelappan was the president and Mannathu Padmanabhan was the secretary.
- In 1915 Bhruthya Janasamagam becomes Nair Service Society.
- Ist Samastha Kerala Nair Sammelan Was held under his leadership in 1916
- In 1915 he became full-time secretary of the Nair Service Society.
- On 30th July, 1925, Nair Service Society was registered under the Indian Companies act.
- Padmanabhan was involved with Nair Service Society as its Secretary for 31 years and as its President for 3 years.
- He says “My God and Goddess and every thing is N.S.S”
- On January 02 2019, Nair Service Society celebrated the 142th Mannam Jayanthi at NSS headquarters, Perunna in Changanassery.
National Democratic Party (NDP)
- National Democratic Party (NDP) was a political party in Kerala from 1974 to 1996
- It is the political arm of Nair Service Society.
- NDP was founded by Kidangoor Gopalakrishna Pillai and R. Ramachandran Nair in 1974.
- National Democratic Party contested its first assembly elections in 1982 as an ally of Indian National Congress led United Democratic Front.
- In the Third K. Karunakaran ministry as the nominee of Nair Service Society.
- It is the only Hindu Political party ever ruled Kerala state.
- After NDP’s poor performance in the subsequent elections, NSS dissolved the party in 1996.