Kerala PSC HSA Social Science Syllabus- All UpdatesJune 23, 2021 2021-06-23 20:33
Kerala PSC HSA Social Science Syllabus- All Updates
Kerala PSC HSA Social Science Syllabus- All Updates
Kerala Public Service Commission has released a notification for Kerala PSC HSA Recruitment 2021, asking for applications from qualified individuals for the position of High School Assistant. In Kerala, there are a variety of job openings in various districts. Candidates eligible to apply for the positions can do so on the Kerala Public Service Commission’s official website. An only one-time registration is required for the application process. Here we discussed HSA Social Science Syllabus.
Kerala HSA Social Science Syllabus
Module I: Renaissance and freedom movement
Module II: General Knowledge and current affairs
Module III: Methodology of teaching the subject
- History/conceptual development. Need and Significance, Meaning Nature and Scope of the Subject.
- Correlation with other subjects and life situations.
- Aims, Objectives, and Values of Teaching – Taxonomy of Educational Objectives – Old and revised
- Pedagogic analysis- Need, Significance and Principles.
- Planning of instruction at the Secondary level- Need and importance.
- Psychological bases of Teaching the subject – Implications of Piaget, Bruner, Gagne, Vygotsky, Ausubel and Gardener – Individual difference, Motivation, Maxims of teaching.
- Methods and Strategies of teaching the subject- Models of Teaching, Techniques of individualising instruction.
- Curriculum – Definition, Principles, Modern trends and organizational approaches, Curriculum reforms – NCF/KCF.
- Instructional resources- Laboratory, Library, Club, Museum- Visual and Audio-Visual aids – Community based resources – e-resources – Textbook, Workbook and Handbook.
- Assessment; Evaluation- Concepts, Purpose, Types, Principles, Modern techniques – CCE and Grading- Tools and techniques – Qualities of a good test – Types of test items- Evaluation of projects, Seminars and Assignments – Achievement test, Diagnostic test – Construction, Characteristics, interpretation and remediation.
- Teacher – Qualities and Competencies – different roles – Personal Qualities – Essential teaching skills – Microteaching – Action research
1. Definitions of History
2. Bronze Age Civilizations – Egyptian, Mesopotamian, Harappan Civilizations
3. Graeco-Roman Civilizations
4. Renaissance, Reformation, Geographical discoveries.
5. Modern Revolutions – English, French, Russian Revolutions and Industrial Revolution.
6. World Wars – League of Nations and United Nations
1. Vedic Age, Jainism and Buddhism.
2. Mauryas and Guptas.
3. State and Society in medieval India – Sultanate, Mughal and Vijayanagar.
4. Advent of Europeans – Birth and Growth of British power in India – Impact of Colonialism.
5. Emergence of Nationalism – Struggle for Freedom – Partition of India.
6. Sources of Kerala History – Jainism and Buddhism in Kerala
7. Kerala in the Sangam Age – Perumals of Mahodayapuram – Bhakti Movement.
8. Rise of Modern Travancore – Resistance against Colonialism – Pazhassi Raja, Velu Thambi and Paliyathachan.
9. Renaissance in Kerala – Social and Religious reform movements.
10.National Movement in Kerala – Aikya Kerala Movement – Formation of Kerala State.
Module III: Economic Theory, Banking and Tools of Analysis
Issues and Concepts in Economics – Theories of Consumer Behaviour: Cardinal and Ordinal Approaches – Elasticity of Demand – Production and Cost Functions –National Income Concepts – Sectoral Composition of GDP –– Theories of International Trade: Absolute cost Advantage – Comparative Cost Advantage – Commercial banks and Central bank: Role and Functions.
Application of measures of Central Values, Dispersion and simple Correlation in economics
Module IV: Indian economy, Development Economics, Public Finance and Kerala Economy
Overview of Indian economy – Economic Planning – Five Year Pans in India- Major Development Issues: Poverty, inequality, unemployment – Concepts of Human Development: Measurement of Development – PQLI, HDI – Concept of sustainable development – Structure of Taxes and Expenditure of the Government – Concepts of Federal Finance – Development Experience of Kerala – Demographic transition, gender issues, migration and urbanization.
1. Meaning, importance and approaches to the study of Political Science
2. Major concepts in Political Science- state, civil society, sovereignty
3. Political culture, political socialization
4. Federalism, the rule of law, judicial review, Judicial activism, Democracy- meaning and features – Direct and Indirect democracy – Parliamentary and Presidential systems
7. Indian political system: salient features of the Indian Constitution, Fundamental Rights and Directive Principles of State Policy. Working of Union and State Governments: A brief analysis
8. Human Rights- Meaning and importance, Universal Declaration of Human Rights
1. International Politics and Organizations. Diplomacy, Foreign Policy, Collective Security, Disarmament and Arms Control. UNO-Principal organs and functions. New trends: Globalization, WTO.
2. Public Administration. Principles of Organization, Bureaucracy: merits and demerits, New Public Administration, New Public Management, Development Administration, Significance of Local Self Government Institutions in India.
3. Political Thinkers. Plato, J S Mill, Aristotle, Rousseau, Marx, Gramsci and Gandhiji: Major contributions
Module VII – Physical Geography
Solar System and Planets – latitudes and longitudes – time – seasons – maps, map
scales – basics of the remote – structure of the earth – continents and oceans – continental drift – plate tectonics – rocks – weathering and erosion – fluvial, glacial, Aeolian, landforms. Composition and structure of atmosphere – temperature and their distribution – pressure belts, winds – condensation and precipitation – Major oceans and their characteristics – tides and currents.
Module VIII – Human and Regional Geography
Population – World population distribution, growth – migration – settlements – rural and urban – climatic regions of the world – Types of agriculture in the world – distribution of iron ore and coal in the world– distribution of industries in the world – iron and steel – cotton textiles. Physiography of India – drainage – climate – soils – forests – Distribution, growth and density of population in India – Distribution of rice, wheat, cotton and sugar cane in India. Irrigation and multipurpose projects of India. Distribution of iron ore, coal, bauxite, mica, petroleum and atomic minerals – nonconventional energy resources – Distribution of iron and steel, textiles, and agro-based industries in India – Transport in India – Geography of Kerala
HSA Social Science Syllabus in Malayalam
Kerala PSC HSA syllabus is discussed here. Learn with direction e-learning and attempt different mock tests for an easy way to crack the examination. Direction e-learning wishes good luck to all the aspirants.
- Kerala PSC HSA Admit Card 2021 & HSA Syllabus 2021
- Kerala PSC HSA Cut Off &Kerala PSC High School Assistant notification
- Kerala PSC HSA Notification 2021
- HSA Social Science Notification
- HSA English Syllabus | Kerala PSC | PDF Download Online