How To Prepare For AAI ATC ExamJanuary 31, 2021 2021-02-03 22:32
How To Prepare For AAI ATC Exam
How To Prepare For AAI ATC Exam
One of the most satisfying professions in the world is ATC (Air Traffic Controller). It is an exciting job with a good salary and other additional perks rare to be seen in other government posts. ATC’s everyday responsibilities include ensuring the smooth flow of air traffic. The work can also be stressful, but the rewards compensate for it. Air Traffic Controllers are appointed by the Airports Authority of India (AAI) based on a well-thought-out process that involves a written examination, a voice test and an interview later.
Eligibility criteria of AAI ATC
To attend the AAI ATC examination, the candidate should meet the following criteria:
- Full-time regular Bachelor’s Degree (3 years) in Science (B.Sc.) from a recognised university with a minimum of 60% marks in Physics and Mathematics, OR
Regular full-time Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology (B.E./B.Tech) in all Electronics/Telecommunications/Information Technology fields with a minimum of 60% marks
- The candidate must have a minimum level of proficiency in both spoken and written English. They shall also attain the ICAO language minimum proficiency level 4 (operational) for the license or rating issue. And, language improvement classes will be provided for the selected candidates. Any candidate who, during preparation, is unable to attain ICAO proficiency level 4 or higher is liable to be dismissed.
Also, the candidates should satisfy the medical fitness requirements to appear for AAI ATC examination.
Exam Pattern and syllabus of AAI ATC
The written examination for the AAI ATC exam carries a sum of 120 marks, and the duration of the exam is 2 hours.
The exam is divided into sections – technical section (physics and mathematics) and non-technical section (General aptitude, English, Current Affairs and Reasoning). There is no negative marking for any wrong answers. And the questions are based on MCQs (Multiple Choice Questions).
Tips to prepare for AAI ATC Exam
Here are some tips for candidates to prepare for the AAI ATC Exam.
- Along with questions at the graduate level, the technical questions asked are mainly +1 and +2 level, and candidates should refer to NCERT books and practice JEE key preliminary questions. They should refer to graduate level physics book to be able to solve the advanced level problems.
- First of all, it is easier to attempt the non-technical questions in the section, since most of the section questions are similar to what we learned in high school and thus takes less time.
- Solving the question papers of the previous year and mock tests will help increase the pace, and the questions asked in question papers of previous years will give you an idea of the relevant topics.
- Since there is no negative marking, it is best to try to answer all the questions.
- SSC CGL review papers would be valuable for the English portion as the level of questions is equivalent.
- There is no cut off; the overall marks of both the assessments will be used to shortlist the candidates for the interview round.
If you are still worried about your AAI ATC exams, contact Direction. We will guide you throughout your journey of becoming an Air Traffic Controller.